Thursday, November 28, 2013

Learning With Legos

Much of what Shawn has seen and done here in France (and in the other countries we've visited) is reflected in what he builds with his Legos.

One day, I presented him with a Lego building challenge: I cut out different shapes and sizes of cardboard, and called them "countries."  I told Shawn that in each different country he needed to house six people.

He learned a lot about countries and houses and neighbourhoods during this activity.  Click here to see the final video in the series.

We packed up the "countries" and mailed them to Shawn's kindergarten class back in Canada.  I wonder what they will do with them...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn, France is very similar to Italy when it comes to how they live and the houses they live in. In Italy many of Mr. Pizzuto's relatives live together in apartments just like the one you are living in. What do you like about the apartment you are living in? What do you miss when you think about your home in Windsor? Mrs. Pizzuto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it has big Legos with tractors, zoo trucks and even enough pieces for a barn and a farm house. I like the big couches and the fancy decorations. I miss the Canada flag on top of our house back home. I miss our huge backyard and front yard for greenspace. I miss our television, our kitchen, our table and some other things.

      Delete